Frequently Asked Questions
Have you got any questions about your silicone molds or wooden bezels? Here you’ll find the most common questions.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact me!
Important updates regarding COVID-19
We wish you and your families to stay healthy!
An AVERAGE delivery time NOW (DURING COVID) for international shipping you can see in the list below.
Most of the packages are delivered as usual now. However, please, note, that due to the current situation with coronavirus deliveries might be postponed by the shipping companies. If you need more information, contact me, please.
Please note: information below is approximate and may vary. But be sure that everything is being delivered anyway. The delivery time is regularly updated.
! Pre-Christmas deliveries might be postponed due to post overload.
- USA – most of the packages are delivered in 2-4 weeks.
Service alert (update from May 14, 2021) – USA:
“Delays at Chicago Airport now measure up to 14-21 days due to high volumes and impact in operations caused by COVID-19.
USPS notifies us they have a 5-day backlog in Chicago due to high volumes. And even though, apart from Chicago, all offices of exchange in the US are open and processing, we experience delays in processing at the USPS nationwide due to the measures taken in order to prevent further outbreaks of COVID-19.
Expected delays: 7-14 days”
- UK – 2 weeks;
- Germany – 1-2 weeks; service alert (update from Dec 14, 2020): expected delay: 4-7 days;
- France – 1.5…2.5 weeks;
- Rest of Europe – mostly 2-3 weeks (depends on the country), however a few packages were on the way for 40-60 days;
Greece – service alert (update from Apr 7, 2021): expected delay: 7-14 days;
Poland – service alert (update from Apr 23, 2021): expected delay: 3-10 days;
Romania – service alert (update from May 21, 2021): expected delay: 14-28 days;
- Russia – 3-15 days;
- CIS countries – 2-4 weeks (depends on the country);
- Asia – 2-4 weeks, however some packages can be on the way for 2 months (depends on the country a lot).
- Australia – 25-40 days on average.
Australia doesn’t track small packages, and you’ll see the track updates only up to the border of your country. After this point the track won’t be updated. However, all the packages are always delivered without any problems.
Service alert (update from May 14, 2021) – Australia:
“Due to the cancelations of flights of several carriers, we are no longer able to fly all of our post volumes towards Australia within the expected time frame. Impact on Melbourne and Perth is limited, but for Sydney, this will result in delays.
Expected delays: 7-21 days”
- Canada – 25-40 days on average.
Canada doesn’t track small packages, and you’ll see the track updates only up to the border of your country. After this point the track won’t be updated. However, all the packages are always delivered without any problems.
Please, take into account that delivery time is shown above especially if you need the parcel for an exact date (for example birthday gift). I would be very grateful if you message me when you do an order and inform me if you need items for any exact date, and we will discuss it.
• We do NOT SEND orders to the following countries: Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, South Africa. Unfortunately many packages sent by us to these countries were lost on the territory of these countries, or were on the way for more than 100 days. We are very upset that we have to exclude these countries. However if you are fine to take a risk with the delivery, message us.
• We do NOT SEND NOW because of the COVID (June 22, 2021), but hopefully we’ll be able to send packages to these countries later: Bermuda, Brunei, Bhutan, Cayman Islands, Chile, Ecuador, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, South Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Yemen.
Orders and Shipping
First, add the molds and bezels you want to your cart. Then, go to the checkout page, enter your details, and place your order. Payment is proceeded via PayPal (if you have any questions or problems, please, check section about payments below).
You’ll then get an email saying we’ve received your order. If you haven’t received an email from us, check your spam folder.
Then, we’ll start making your order. We make all of my molds to order, so this will take about 3-10 working days. This will take longer if you place a custom order or if you order lots of the same mold in one go.
Once we’ve made your order, we’ll post it. After this, we’ll send you another email. This email will contain your track number and a link to track your order.
Please, check your tracking number regularly to know when the package arrives to your local post office.
We make molds to order, which usually takes about 3-10 working days.
After that, we’ll send your order by post. See an updated information about the delivery time in the section “COVID update” in our FAQ.
On average we need 3-10 working days to make and ship an order.
After we ship your package, you’ll receive an automatic letter to your email including a track number. Please, check spam folder if you don’t receive the letter.
This information will also be available in the order details in your account’s order history, if you have an account with FamilyMolds.
You can message us and we’ll provide you information about a track number.
You can also track your package on the website of your country’s postal service (after the package is scanned in your country).
Australia and Canada don’t track small packages, and you’ll see the track updates only up to the border of these countries. After this point the track won’t be updated. However, all the packages are always delivered without any problems.
We accept payment through PayPal.
We have a corporate PayPal account. If you also have a corporate PayPal account, the payment won’t go through Etsy because of Russian government regulations.
In this case there are several ways to proceed with the payment:
• If you can pay with your personal PayPal account (not a corporate one), everything will work fine.
• You can also pay with a card via PayPal through PayPal Guest account (you do NOT need PayPal account for this).
Go to your cart, then proceed with checkout, but do NOT log in your PayPal account. You should see an option of paying with a card. This option works for many countries.
Let me know if you have any questions.
• If neither of this is an option for you, please, contact me and I send you an invoice which you can pay though PayPal.
We do not add printed bill or invoice to your package. We try to be eco-friendly and not to waste paper. Because of this we’ll add a bill / invoice only upon request of the customer.
• Please, contact us to discuss which solution would be the best in your case.
• Just for your information: returning of the packages takes 3-6 months after the COVID pandemic has started. The shipping company will charge us a shipping fee for the returning of the package (in addition to what was already charged for the shipping to the customer). If these mold / molds to be shipped for the second time, it will cost a shipping fee x 3 times (first fee to deliver to customer + returning fee + shipping fee for the second delivery).
• Contact us as soon as possible with a correct full shipping address. If we haven’t sent an order yet, we still can change the adress.
• If they order is already shipped, we can’t do anything already. In this case contact your post office to check if you can shedule a delivery to a correct address.
• If the package is already sent back to us, contact us, and we’ll refund you the mold’s price minus returning to sender fee, because to receive the package back we have to pay the shipping company again the same price as we paid to send you the package.
We make all molds ourselves, and we do our best to provide you the best product. We use vaccum chamber to get rid of air bubbles in silicone and we use silicone of high quality.
We re-check quality of all the molds before packaging.
If you think that the mold is damaged before you’ve started using it:
- Check the item description in our shop. Some master-models are made of real stones, etc and have natural imperfections and it is mentioned in the listing description. These imperfections will be on your castings too. Pay attention to the listing descriptions before you make an order.
- Check list of materials that our molds are suitable for (see in FAQ and in the instruction provided with your order) to be sure that you haven’t used any material / technique which could damage the mold.
- If both above are not the case, please, take a photo of the mold where the defect is visible.
If it was a defect of production, we’ll offer you several solutions.
If you think that you’ve received a wrong mold:
- Provide us a photo of your order where we can see missing or wrong mold and bezels.
If you think that you’ve received a mold of another size than you’ve ordered:
- Don’t measure the mold, because the size of the hole in the mold is usually not equal to the nominal size of the casting. Measure the ready casting.
- If the size is wrong take a photo, please, of the casting near or on the ruler. And would be great if the mold is also visible in the photo, so, we can be sure that the casting is made with this mold.
If the size is not the one you’ve ordered, we’ll offer you several solutions.
Returns and exchanges:
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, we can’t accept returns for custom or personalized orders.
• In case of any problems, please, contact me first.
• Return or refund are accepted only if the molds / bezels were not used by the buyer.
• Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
• Only price for the molds / bezels will be refunded or substituted (not a shipping price).
We have a discount system:
• 10% – for repeat customers (sent automatically in a letter to you);
• 15% – if the total price for all your previously purchased products (without shipping) in our shop was $350 (in USD) or more, then for next purchase you’ll have a 15% discount.
• 20% – if the total price for all your previously purchased products (without shipping) in our shop was $500 (in USD) or more, then for next purchase you’ll have a 20% discount.
Please, message us for a coupon code if any of these conditions can be applied to you.
Coupon codes will work both here and in our Etsy shop.
Yes, you can.
The jewelry is yours, so you can sell it, gift it, keep it, etc. You don’t have to give me any credit for using my molds and bezels, although I would be very grateful if you did.
- You can wash molds in warm water with soap if needed. Let it dry itself (do not wipe inside surface).
- You can remove dust, glitters, etc from the outside of the mold using an adhesive tape or masking tape.
- Do NOT touch or piece the inside glossy surface of the mold (with hands or tools), because it will damage the surface and will be visible on your finished items.
- Do NOT use epoxy glue or other aggressive materials, because it will ruin the mold. Jewelry epoxy resins are good for using, but glue is not.
- Do NOT leave the casting in the mold for longer than 3-5 days.
- Be very careful if you use a torch or heat gun not to damage the mold. Epoxy resin can fuse with silicone if the temperature is high.
When you use mold with jewelry type of epoxy resin the surface of the mold will stay glossy for approximately 10-30 uses. This is valid for silicone brands of high quality which we use for our molds.
Some kinds of epoxy resins are more aggressive than others which will damage the surface of the mold faster (it will become matte and opaque).
First, check the online description for your mold. If it has a glossy surface, then no, you don’t need to polish your epoxy resin creations. Most of our molds have a glossy surface (if other is not mentioned in the description).
If it has any other type of surface, then you can polish your epoxy resin creation if you want a smooth surface.
Edges near the opening of the mold might require some polishing to smooth out any rough edges.
You do NOT need any release agent for most of the materials. You may use the mold with jewelry epoxy resin, polymer clay, liquid plastic, etc. and you just put / pour it into the mold.
For some materials (for example some types of urethane resins) a release agent might be needed. Please, check the instruction for your material (technical bulletin), usually the instruction includes all the information. If you have doubts, don’t hesitate to ask me.
You can make a test for your resin on the back of the mold: pour a few drops to see how the resin will be cured and if it will interact with the mold anyhow.
• You can use molds with variety of materials: low-temperature melt light metals, plaster, wax, soap, resins, epoxy resins, polymer clay, gypsum, concrete.
• We recommend to use the molds with jewelry type of epoxy resins.
We recommend NOT to use the molds with table top epoxy resins and similar resins, because they have high aggressiveness and can damage the mold.
• Please, don’t use molds with materials that contain sulfur. If you doubt if your material contains it, please, make a small test first.
• Green silicone is NOT food safe.
If you need a food safe mold, contact me, please.
• Do NOT use molds with epoxy glue and other materials with high aggressiveness.
Just be aware that you should not use any material that contains sulfur.
For some molds, you can choose what sort of silicone your mold is made out of. There are four types of silicone you can choose from:
- Green: Shore A Hardness 15 (soft). This is the default option. If there are no silicone options for your mold, then it will be made with green silicone.
- Blue: Shore A Hardness 30. This silicone is harder than the green one.
- Transparent: Shore A Hardness 12 or 18 (soft). You will be able to see through transparent silicone.
- Translucent: Shore A Hardness 15 (soft). You will be able somewhat able to see through translucent silicone, although not as well as with transparent silicone.
Sizes for the castings are mentioned in the listing description for each mold. Sizes are given in mm and inches.
Please note that we have production tolerances and for some items the size can be +/- 0.5 mm from the nominal size.
We’ll be glad to create a custom order for you! You are welcomed to contact me for a custom order:
- If you want an individual set which combines lenses / shapes / models which are presented in my shop;
- If you want to have a mold with one or several lenses / models which are presented only in sets in my shop;
- If you want a mold for an exact shape: it can have a complex shape, it will be flat, thickness from 1 to 10 mm (from 1/8″ to 3/8″);
- If you have the needed model, you can send it to me to make a mold.
Please, contact me regarding max / min sizes of molds and models and other details.
Head over to my custom order page, where you can request your custom mold. I’ll be happy to help you.